The FF Wedge™ is a very innovative firefighter door wedge designed and patented by firefighter Bill Selzer. These wedges have been very well designed and I have been surprised at how well they actually work. They are designed with step notches that really lock in when you insert them into a door jamb or underneath a door when you chock them. The hollow “I-Beam” type design of the wedge also allows them to be very light.
- Material: 33% glass fiber reinforced polyamide 66 nylon resin
- Wedge size: 5 ¼” long, 2” high and 1” wide
- Wedge weight: 2 ¼ ounce
- Tensile strength: 29,000 psi
- Flexion strength: 39,900 psi
- Melting temperature: 545 F
- Lanyard: 3mm braided nylon